The REDONDO project aim to improve the difficult-to-recycle PEX by achieving the production of rPEX (Reversibly cross-linked polyethylene). The proposed methodology will address the issue by making use of beyond state-of-the-art processing techniques, aiming to achieve a fully reversible crosslinking process that will allow the generation of sustainable-by-design polymers, ensuring minimal property loss at the recycling process and accomplishment of a fully circular material flow.
- Researchers working to develop next-generation polymer membranes for sustainable materials science
- University of Houston challenges students to solve plastic waste crisis
- Boosting PET recycling with higher standards for laboratory experiments
- Slippery toilet bowl treatment causes bacteria to slide right off
- Researchers use architected auxetics to achieve 300 times more flexibility in new 3D printing design